Are you wondering whether your workplace injuries are compensable under workers’ compensation insurance in Mableton, Georgia? If so, you have come to the right place. Workers’ comp insurance covers all injuries and illnesses when you are injured at work.
Claiming maximum compensation for your work-related injuries in Mableton GA isn’t easy because your employer and his insurance company will try to pay out a reduced amount of compensation citing various reasons. That is why you need to work with a reputable and experienced personal injury law firm in town.
Mableton has hundreds of personal injury law firms. But all of these firms don’t specialize in handling workers’ comp claims. Your extensive research is crucial to picking the right workers’ comp law firm in Mableton, Georgia. The right law firm should have experience in representing employees injured at work in Mableton and winning millions of dollars on their behalf.
Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Coalition is a trusted workers’ comp law firm in Mableton, Georgia. The highly skilled and experienced workers’ comp lawyers at the Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Coalition have represented hundreds of injured workers in Mableton and won maximum benefits on their behalf.
We always treat every client as a person and not just a number. That is why you need to trust us to handle your claim and obtain maximum benefits for your injuries. Call the Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Mableton, Georgia right now at 470-518-5026 to handle your workers’ comp claim and obtain maximum benefits for your injuries.
Table of Contents
What Are Compensable Work Injuries in Mableton, Georgia?
When you are injured at work, it doesn’t automatically fall under compensable injuries in Georgia. Georgia’s workers’ comp laws are somewhat confusing and require professional interpretation. A workplace injury is compensable when it satisfies two important conditions.
- The injury should occur at the workplace
- You should be injured while performing your job
There should be a connection between the injury that occurred and the work you perform. For example, if you suffer a stroke while walking through the workplace, it isn’t considered a compensable injury under workers’ comp insurance in Georgia. But if you suffer a stroke while performing your duties, it is a compensable injury and will be compensated accordingly.
The best person to evaluate your claim and advise if your injuries are compensable under workers’ comp law in Georgia is an experienced workers’ comp lawyer in Mableton GA. The lawyers at the Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Coalition are your best bet when determining whether your workplace injury is compensable under workers’ comp insurance in GA. Here is a list of some of the most common compensable workplace injuries in Mableton, Georgia.
- Joint, shoulder, neck, knee, and lower back pains – These are some of the most common workplace injuries that occur in Mableton. If your duties involve lifting heavy objects regularly, you are more prone to suffer from any of these injuries.
- Amputations – Limb amputations are common in workplaces where heavy machinery is operated. If your duties involve the operation of heavy machinery, you are more prone to suffer from amputations.
- Slip and falls – Slip and fall accidents are common in any workplace. You are eligible to recover damages from workers’ comp insurance if you slip and fall while performing your work.
- Burns – Employees who are dealing with chemicals and heat elements are more prone to experience burn injuries.
- Construction injuries – Construction workers have a higher chance of being injured while performing their work more than workers of any other industry.
- Hearing loss – Hearing loss is more common in construction-related work. Construction employees are exposed to loud noises while performing their jobs.
- Traveling injuries – Workers can sustain injuries while traveling for official duties. Such injuries are compensable under workers’ comp insurance in Georgia.
The Types of Compensable Work Injuries You Can Claim In Mableton GA?
There are different types of disability, medical, and lost wages benefits that you could claim from workers’ comp insurance. You can claim the following benefits under workers’ comp insurance in Mableton GA:
- Medical bills and expenses – Medical expenses include past and future medical costs, ambulance charges, prescribed medications, hospital stays, surgical charges, and more.
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy – If the treating physician authorizes physical therapy or rehabilitation for your injuries, WC insurance will pay for them.
- Disability payments – Disability benefits are paid depending on the extent of the injury and the time taken to heal. There are 4 categories of disability benefits such as temporary total, temporary partial, permanent partial, and permanent total benefits.
- Traveling expenses – WC insurance will pay for your travels to/from the doctor or hospital
- Death benefits – If the employee succumbs to his/her workplace injuries, the immediate family can claim death benefits.
How Long Do You Have To File For Compensable Work Injuries In Mableton?
An injured employee should report the accident to his/her employer or supervisor within 30 days. This is the first thing you need to do to claim compensation for your workplace injuries. On the other hand, you should file your WC claim within one year of the date of the injuries to avoid clashing with the statute of limitations in Georgia. Georgia’s statute of limitations comes into effect after one year.
Contact Our Workers’ Comp Lawyers for a Free Case Review
When you have been injured while performing your job, you are entitled to claim compensation for your injuries from the employer’s workers’ comp insurance. If you wonder whether your injuries are compensable under workers’ comp in Georgia, you should work with an experienced workers’ comp lawyer in Mableton GA.
The lawyers at the Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Coalition know the ins and outs of the workers’ comp system in Georgia. Our team has represented hundreds of injured workers in Mableton and won millions of dollars on their behalf. That is why you need to trust us to handle your claim and obtain maximum benefits for your injuries. Call the Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Coalition in Mableton, Georgia right now at 470-518-5026 to handle your workers’ comp claim and obtain maximum benefits for your injuries.