When you are hurt at work, you should get compensated. If your case is straightforward, then you may be able to handle the claims process yourself. However, this is not the case at all times with compensable work injuries in Riverdale. Sometimes your case may be complicated and you will need a lawyer who specializes in worker’s comp to help you during the claims process.
Why do you need to get a lawyer? If you are injured and are not able to handle the process yourself because you are getting medical attention, a lawyer will step in and ensure that the process is done the right way. The claims process entails various things and is also supposed to be done with limited time, which means that waiting too long could cause you to lose benefits. To avoid this, it is best to get a lawyer to represent you in your case.
Additionally, the claims process is delicate, and missing something crucial could have terrible consequences. Hiring a Riverdale workers’ compensation lawyer will ensure that this does not happen. Your lawyer will go through all the required stages and ensure that the claim has been filed properly. They will also assess the claim and see that you get full benefits.
You will also benefit from getting a lawyer because they will tell you what injuries are compensable work injuries in Riverdale and how to get benefits if you qualify. Most insurance companies will do everything they can to make sure that you do not get full benefits because they are hired to protect the company. Hiring a lawyer means that you have someone to advocate for your rights.
Are you looking for a reliable worker’s comp lawyer? The Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Coalition in Riverdale, GA, has dedicated lawyers who can represent you and make sure that you get compensation for your injury. We have represented various clients and received the benefits they deserve after sustaining injuries at work.
Call the Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Coalition today to get representation by the top worker’s comp lawyers in Riverdale.
What Are Compensable Work Injuries in Riverdale?
For the injuries that an employee sustains to be deemed compensable work injuries in Riverdale, Georgia, they need to meet the following criteria:
- Have happened during the work you carry out at your job.
- Have happened because of your work, that is, the injuries need to be directly related to the work you do.
The most common workplace injuries are:
- Slips and trips: These can happen when the floor is wet when there are obstacles in the workplace or poor lighting.
- Hearing loss: You can get hearing loss from loud machines/exposure to loud noise in the workplace.
- Getting hit by heavy objects that may cause neck injuries
- Back injuries from lifting heavy equipment at work.
- Amputations from getting injured by heavy machinery.
- Cuts and lacerations: These may be caused by certain equipment at work.
- Crashes and collisions: These are common in places that use forklifts (such as warehouses)
- Repetitive strain injures: These may be because of overuse and mostly affect joints.
- Muscle strains from lifting heavy objects
What Type of Compensation Can You Claim?
There are four times of compensation that you can claim for compensable work injuries in Riverdale. They are:
This includes the past, present, and future medical expenses spent due to the injury. In Georgia, an employee is entitled to medical expense benefits even after reaching maximum medical improvement (where the condition is most likely to remain the same/not improve), as long as it is necessary to prevent the injury from getting worse. Injured employees are also entitled to reimbursement of any expenses spent on traveling because of the injury.
An injured employee is entitled to compensation for the wages they lose because of work missed due to the injuries. It means that when you take time to recover or sick leave, you will still get the normal wage because the recovery time is not your fault as you need it to get back your health.
The disability benefits that are governed by GA workers’ compensation laws are:
- Permanent partial disability benefits (PPD)
- Temporary total disability benefits (TTD)
- Temporary partial disability benefits (TPD)
Total disability means that you are unable to work, either permanently or temporarily. If you are deemed as permanently disabled as a result of the injury, you are eligible to receive benefits for the rest of your life.
How Long Do You Have to File for Workers’ Compensation in Georgia?
You have a year since the time of injury to file for compensation. Waiting for more than a year means you risk losing your benefits.
If you have returned to work after the injury, there may be a way to get the statute of limitations to be extended. However, you will need to talk to a lawyer to be certain.
You should report the injury to your supervisor within 30 days. The supervisor/employer uses the time to notify the insurer and look through your claim.
When Should I Call a Lawyer for My Worker’s Comp Case?
You should enlist the services of the Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Coalition in Riverdale, GA, as soon as you get injured and decide to file for worker’s comp. You will especially benefit from a lawyer if:
- You need to negotiate a settlement agreement. Your lawyer will gather the necessary agreement and use expert negotiation tactics to ensure that you get maximum benefits. Your lawyer will also go through the settlement agreement to ensure that it will not become problematic in the future.
- Your claim is denied. A denial typically comes with the reasons for the denial from the insurer. Your lawyer will go through these and guide you through the appeal to ensure you get the compensation you are entitled to.
Call the Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Coalition in Riverdale, GA, today and get the best worker’s comp lawyers to help you with your case.