When you are injured or get an illness at work, you are eligible for worker’s compensation from your employer’s insurer. Getting compensated is crucial when it comes to paying your medical bills, getting proper treatment, and returning to full health. However, your employer or the insurance company might deny your claim for reporting a work-related injury and deem your injury/illness as one that isn’t compensable. To prevent such a situation from happening, it is best to have a worker’s comp lawyer in Duluth, GA representing you during the process.
How can a lawyer help?
A lawyer will ensure that you file the claim properly so that there is no room for the claim to be denied. They will also advise on how to answer any questions posed by the insurance companies, as they may try to catch you using your words and deny your claim. Your lawyer ensures that you follow any rules so that you can receive full benefits.
A lawyer enforces your rights and gives you access to avenues where you can get proper treatments and benefits. Without a lawyer, you may get compensated but not receive the benefits you deserve. If you are not fully aware of what you are entitled to, the insurance carrier for your employer will not give you full benefits, and you will have to go through recovery without all the benefits you can get.
A lawyer advocates for your rights, which is crucial because the compensation carrier has a team of lawyers advocating for the company’s and your employer’s rights. Without a lawyer, you may get sidelined and not receive what you are entitled to. Getting an experienced worker’s comp lawyer works for your best interests.
Are you in the process of filing for compensation from your employer/company in Duluth, GA? Get an experienced lawyer to help you out in your case. Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Coalition in Duluth, GA, has a team of dedicated lawyers that can represent you in your worker’s comp case and ensure you get the benefits you are entitled to.
Call us today to get the best representation in the city
If you are looking to file a worker’s comp claim after an injury or illness at your workplace, the following questions will guide you through the process.
How Long Do I Have In Reporting a Work-Related Injury in Duluth, GA?
If you have been injured at work, you have 30 days to report the injury to your supervisor. Keep in mind that telling a colleague about the injury will not count as reporting it. You must inform your direct supervisor.
The reason you must complete the process of reporting a work-related injury in Duluth within 30 days is to allow your employer or the insurance carrier to get the necessary evidence while it is still available. Failure to report your injury within 30 days means that you risk your claim being denied, which means that you will lose your right to income benefits and medical treatment.
Who do I Have To Knock for Reporting a Work-Related Injury in Duluth, GA?
As stated earlier, you must complete the process of reporting a work-related injury in Duluth and report the injury to your supervisor. It is best to report your injury in writing as this makes for an easier location of evidence when the insurance carrier is conducting an investigation.
You may also tell a colleague, but that will be for a witness and is not considered as reporting the injury.
Your report should include:
- The date and time of the incident
- Your location during the time of the incident
- The immediate symptoms that you noticed which proved you had been hurt.
- Specific parts of your body that were affected during the injury
- Any co-workers that witnessed the incident.
Employer Responsibilities After Reporting a Work-Related Injury in Duluth, GA
Your employer has certain responsibilities they must carry out if you are injured at work. These are;
It is the employer’s responsibility to ensure that all employees are working in a safe space. If an employee gets injured, the employer is responsible for writing the First Report of Injury. The employer must also ensure the rights of the employee are not violated. The other responsibilities are;
- Cooperating with the insurance carrier to get the evidence needed to prove that you have a work-related injury. If the insurance carrier sends a team of investigators to get more details on the case, your employer should provide them with the details.
- The employer should allow the employee back to the workplace once the employee’s health returns. The employer should not terminate or threaten to terminate the employee because of filing worker’s comp.
- Assisting the Worker’s Compensation Board with any details they need to ascertain when ensuring that any injured employees receive their benefits.
Employee Responsibility After A Workplace Injury
An employee also has certain responsibilities they must carry out after an injury. They are;
- Reporting the injury to the employer. If the injury is visible, it should be reported immediately. Some injuries such as repetitive motion occupational injuries may not show outright, so the employee must complete the process of reporting a work-related injury in Duluth and report them the first instance they notice.
- Documenting who you talk to on your phone or in writing. You should also indicate the time for ease in the investigation.
- Get medical treatment. Ask your employer for a list of authorized physicians, then choose one to treat you.
Get a lawyer to represent you during the difficult process. They will ensure that none of what you say in your written report can be used against you to deny your claim.
Call Us Today When Reporting a Work-Related Injury in Duluth, GA
It is possible to get a rightful claim denied, but you can always appeal the denial with the help of an experienced lawyer from the Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Coalition in Duluth, GA. A lawyer will tell you the best way to handle a claim to prevent it from getting denied.
The lawyer will check for any mistakes made when filing the claim, go through the reasons for the denial when your employer provides them, and guide you through the appeal. Getting a lawyer is the only way to know your rights when you file for worker’s comp.
Call the Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Coalition in Duluth, GA, to get a free evaluation of your case.