When you are injured at work in Dunwoody, Georgia, you might be worried about whether you can claim workers’ compensation benefits for your injuries. If you wonder what are compensable work injuries in Dunwoody GA, you have come to the right place. Georgia’s workers’ compensation law requires every business that employs more than three workers to invest in workers’ compensation insurance to protect employees who are injured at work. Whether you are a full-time, part-time, or employee who just joined the company, you are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits when you are injured at work.
Workers’ compensation law in Georgia is complex and requires professional intervention to handle a claim successfully. Georgia has its own share of personal injury lawyers specialized in workers’ compensation law. But all of these professionals are not top-notch. Your extensive research plays an important part when selecting the best workers’ compensation lawyer to handle your claim.
Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Coalition is a highly reliable personal injury law firm in Dunwoody GA. Our experienced team of Dunwoody workers’ compensation lawyers has appeared on behalf of hundreds of employees who have been injured at work and won millions of dollars on their behalf. Call Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Coalition in Dunwoody GA today at 770-796-0919 to represent your workers’ compensation claim.
Table of Contents
What Are Compensable Work Injuries In Dunwoody?
A work injury should satisfy two important conditions to be considered a Compensable Work Injuries in Dunwoody, Georgia. The first condition is there should be a cause-and-effect connection between the injury you sustained and the work you perform. For example, if you suddenly suffer a heart attack while walking through the workplace, it won’t be considered a compensable injury since it isn’t connected to the work you perform.
That brings us to the second condition that constitutes a compensable work injury. The second condition is the injury should occur while you are performing your job. For example, An injury suffered during the lunch break isn’t a Compensable Work Injuries in Dunwoody because it didn’t occur while you were performing your job. On the other hand, it will be considered a Compensable Work Injuries in Dunwoody if you suffer a heart attack while performing your job.
There are different types of workplace injuries in Georgia. In fact, workers’ compensation claims can happen in any work environment. Here are some of the most common types of workplace injuries that occur in Dunwoody, Georgia:
- Amputations – Amputations are common in workplaces where heavy machinery and equipment are used. There is always a risk of accidents happening in these workplaces. It isn’t surprising to see limbs getting ripped off the body of employees who work in such an environment.
- Fractures – Bone fractures are another common workplace injury in Georgia. Employees can get injured due to machinery and equipment or slip and fall and get bone fractures.
- Burns – Some businesses deal with fire, chemicals, and extreme heat. Workers in such companies are more prone to burns.
- Back Injuries – Neck, back, and shoulder injuries are common when lifting heavy objects.
- Slip And Fall – Slip and fall accidents occur at almost any workplace. Wet floors, poor lighting, scattered debris, and unstable walking surfaces are some of the most common causes of slip and fall accidents.
- Hearing Loss – Hearing loss is mostly associated with the construction industry. The extreme noise in these environments can result in hearing loss in construction employees.
- Work-Related Accidents While Traveling – An employee can meet with an accident and sustain injuries when traveling for business meetings, and other events.
What Types Of Compensable Work Injuries in Dunwoody Can You Claim?
Workers’ compensation insurance is designed to cover the full cost of a workplace injury. In fact, the insurance system will pay lost wages for the time you missed work due to your injuries. Here are some of the most common workers’ compensation benefits you could claim for your workplace injuries in Dunwoody GA:
- Medical costs including doctor visits, hospital charges, and tests
- Rehabilitation charges including physiotherapy
- The costs of prescription medications
- Charges for vocational training – if required to get you back to work
- A paycheck for the time you are out of work – the paycheck will be less than the salary you earned before the injuries but won’t be taxed
- Travel costs to cover your traveling – to/from medical appointments
There are disability benefits that you may receive if your injuries lead to a permanent medical condition. If the condition leaves you unable to work for a certain period of time, WC insurance will pay disability benefits. The benefits can be permanent if you cannot work for the rest of your life.
How Long Do You Have To File For Compensable Work Injuries In Dunwoody?
The time limit for filing your WC claim is one year from the date of the injury. Georgia’s statute of limitations comes into effect after this period, making it almost impossible to file a claim in the state. You should also note that you have 30 days to report the accident to your employer. If you don’t report the accident to your employer or his/her representative within 30 days of the accident, you will be disqualified from filing a workers’ compensation claim in the state of Georgia.
Contact Our Attorneys for Information on Compensable Work Injuries in Dunwoody
When you are injured while performing your job, you are entitled to claim workers’ compensation benefits for your injuries. The most important thing is to know if your work injuries come under Compensable Work Injuries in Dunwoody, Georgia. In fact, Georgia’s workers’ compensation law is complicated and requires professional interpretation. You need to hire the best personal injury lawyer in Dunwoody to handle your claim and get the maximum benefits for your injuries.
Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Coalition is your trusted personal injury law firm in Dunwoody Georgia. We have experience in handling hundreds of workers’ compensation claims in the past. Call Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Coalition in Dunwoody GA today at 770-796-0919 to represent your workers’ compensation claim and get adequately compensated for your injuries.