Getting injured at work or suffering an occupational illness means that you will not be able to handle your duties as you did previously. Therefore, you need to be compensated for the time you have been out of work and the medical costs incurred for your treatment. Well, that’s where workers’ compensation comes in handy.
Thanks to the Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Coalition, you should be able to get every cent owed to you. Our Snellville workers’ compensation lawyers are experts in workers’ compensation policies in Georgia and are ready to start working on your claim today. We will help you with every step of the workers’ comp claims process in Snellville, GA.
Table of Contents
How Can I Know If My Injury Will Be Covered By a Workers’ Compensation Claim?
Workers’ compensation refers to an insurance policy that provides compensation such as medical benefits, rehabilitation costs, and lost wages to people who have been injured or become ill at work. Also, the next of kin will receive death benefits if their loved one dies from a work-related injury or illness. The workers’ compensation system in Georgia allows payment of income benefits faster than filing a lawsuit.
If you have suffered an injury at work or when doing work-related activities, you will be covered by a workers’ compensation policy in Georgia unless you are an independent contractor and not a full-time employee. Here are some of the circumstances when your injury will not be covered under workers’ compensation.
- If the injury happened when you were under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- If you didn’t follow the safety rules properly to prevent accidents.
- If the injuries were caused by a personal fight that is not related to your work.
- If you didn’t use the safety devices provided at work.
- If you suffered the injuries while engaging in practical jokes or horseplay.
- If you injured yourself or provided false information to receive benefits.
Note that, your employer’s insurance company will not be willing to pay your workers’ compensation benefits outright. Therefore, you need to work with the best worker’s compensation lawyers in Snellville, GA for the best results. We have worked on numerous workers’ compensation cases and understand what is required of us to ensure that your claim is processed without any hassles.
How Long Do You Have to File a Workers’ Compensation Claim in Snellville, GA?
You have a period of a year after the date of the injury to file a workers’ compensation claim in Georgia. You need to work with our attorneys immediately to make sure that your claim is not denied because you filed it late. Call us now and we can start working on your case immediately to make sure you are compensated for your injury or occupational illness.
What Should I Do After a Workplace Injury
Here is what you need to do immediately after you have suffered a workplace injury in Georgia.
Report the Injury
Report the injury to a supervisor immediately. You should do it in writing. Make sure you report it within 30 days to avoid losing your workers’ compensation benefits.
Get Medical Treatment
Get medical treatment from an authorized physician. Make sure you use the doctor recommended by your employer or your employer’s insurance company to ensure that you receive compensation for your injuries.
File a Claim
File a workers’ compensation claim with the state board of workers’ compensation in Georgia. Here, you need to file Form WC-14 then send a copy to your employer and their insurance company.
Give a Copy of Your Report to Your Employer
Get a copy of the report your employer filed with their insurance company and save a copy of the claim (WC-14). Note that, if your supervisor hasn’t provided a written report, you should make your own report.
Update Your Employer
Always update your employer on your progress. If your doctor excuses you from work or gives you restrictions, you should notify your employer in writing. If you are excused from work indefinitely, you should find out how to proceed with your employer and comply accordingly. Your employer’s insurer should also be updated about it.
Talk to a Lawyer
If you have to file a workers’ compensation claim, it’s a good idea to talk to the best workers’ compensation lawyers at the Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Coalition. Our priority is to make sure that you are fully compensated for the injuries suffered when performing your duties. Call us now to make an appointment with our best attorneys.
How to File a Worker’s Compensation Claim in Snellville, GA?
When filing a workers’ compensation claim in Georgia, you should fill a WC-14 form and file it with the State Board Of Workers’ Compensation. Make sure you send a copy of the form to your employer and your employer’s insurance company. You can get the WC-14 from the Board’s official website or in person.
Why Hire Us for the Workers’ Comp Claims Process in Snellville, GA?
Are you wondering why you need an attorney for your workers’ compensation claim in Georgia? Here are a few benefits you can enjoy from working with us today.
- We understand that filing a claim might appear too overwhelming especially if you have never done it before. We have filed numerous workers’ compensation claims and we can handle the paperwork while you recover. Even better, with our expertise, we will make sure that the claim is filed properly to avoid any rejections due to missing documents.
- We will collect the necessary evidence required to prove your workplace injury. We know that insurance companies might try to reject your claim if there isn’t enough evidence. Therefore, our job is to collect the relevant evidence to avoid further issues.
- Also, we will negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf. It’s likely that the insurance company will try to offer you a lower offer than acceptable. If you are not sure of the right amount of compensation, you are likely going to accept this offer. We are here to make sure that you get every cent you deserve after suffering a workplace injury.
- Finally, we will handle all the legalities of your claim while you take time to recover.
Call the Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Coalition today and make an appointment with the best workers’ compensation lawyers in Snellville, GA. We are here to help you with your workers’ compensation claim.