If you are wondering if you have compensable work injuries in Winston, GA, you have come to the right place. In Georgia, every business needs to have workers’ compensation insurance if they employ at least three employees. Workers’ comp insurance compensates when an employee is injured while performing his or her job. You can claim medical expenses, lost wages, and disability benefits from WC insurance if you have been injured at work.
But Georgia’s workers’ comp laws are not straightforward. Just because you have been injured at work, you are not automatically entitled to claim benefits under the system. Your employer or the insurance company can deny part of or the full claim if your injuries are not compensable under workers’ comp insurance.
Working with a skilled and experienced workers’ compensation lawyer in Winston, GA is the best way to know if your injuries are compensable under the workers’ comp insurance system in Georgia. The Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Coalition is your trusted partner in Winston to handle your workers’ comp claim and get the maximum possible benefits in the process.
Our workers’ comp lawyers have extensive experience in handling workers’ compensation cases. We have helped hundreds of injured workers in Georgia claim compensation for their injuries. Call us today at 470-518-5026 to handle your workers’ comp claim and get the maximum compensation you rightly deserve.
Table of Contents
What Are Compensable Work Injuries in Winston, Georgia?
A workplace injury should satisfy two important conditions to be considered a compensable injury under workers’ compensation insurance in Georgia. The injury sustained should have a direct connection to the job you perform. In fact, there should be a cause-and-effect connection between the injury you sustained and the job you perform. If you suffer a stroke in the workplace while walking from one place to another, it isn’t a compensable injury since it isn’t connected to the job you do.
The second condition is the injury should occur while you are performing the job. For example, if you have sustained injuries while having lunch in a client’s office, it is considered a compensable injury provided that the meeting at the client’s office is part of your work responsibility.
Here are some of the most common compensable work injuries in Georgia:
- Amputations: If you work in a facility where heavy machinery and equipment are used, you are more prone to sustain these types of injuries.
- Joint Pain: Joint pain is common when you have to lift heavy objects or perform manual work in the workplace. Neck, lower back, knee, and shoulder pain are some of the most common in this regard.
- Burns: If you work in an environment that deals with chemicals or electricity, you are more likely to sustain burn injuries.
- Slip and Fall Injuries: These are some of the most common injuries in workplaces.
- Hearing Loss: Hearing loss is common in the construction industry. If you work in a place where there are loud noises or loud music, you are prone to experience this condition.
- Traveling For Work-Related Activities: If you sustain injuries while traveling for business purposes, you can claim compensation under the workers’ comp insurance system.
What Type of Compensation Can You Claim for Work Injuries in Georgia?
When you are injured while performing your job, you are entitled to claim the following benefits under workers’ comp insurance in Winston, GA:
- Medical expenses including prescribed medications, doctor fees, ambulance charges, surgical costs, hospital stays, and more.
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation costs depending on the type of injuries you sustain.
- Future medical expenses where you have to continue taking medications long-term.
- Travel expenses to/from the doctor and hospital visits.
Every state has different regulations regarding workers’ comp insurance benefits. The best way to learn about your compensation options is to seek professional assistance from a qualified and experienced workers’ comp lawyer in Winston, GA.
Our workers’ comp lawyers specialize in Georgia workers’ comp laws and can assess your case to determine if you have compensable work injuries. Call Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Coalition in Winston, GA today at 470-518-5026 for a free case evaluation.
How Long Do You Have to File a Workers’ Comp Claim in Winston GA?
The time limit to file a workers’ comp claim in Georgia is one year following the date of the accident. However, you need to report the accident or injury to your employer or their representative within 30 days of the incident. If not, you won’t be qualified to file a workers’ comp claim against the employer. The most important thing is to work with a reliable workers’ comp lawyer at the Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Coalition in Winston, GA to claim the maximum benefits for your workplace injuries.
Call the Best Winston Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Today
When you have been injured while performing your job, you are entitled to claim compensation for your injuries under the workers’ compensation insurance system in Georgia. However, your claim doesn’t automatically qualify for compensation since the employer or the insurance provider can deny your claim for numerous reasons. For example, if the workplace injuries you sustained don’t fall under compensable work injuries, the insurance company can deny your claim.
You can schedule a free case evaluation with one of our lawyers to find out if you have compensable work injuries in Winston, GA. You should hire the best workers’ comp lawyer in Winston to handle your claim and get the maximum compensation possible.
The team of experienced lawyers at the Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Coalition is your trusted partner in Winston, GA to handle your claim and obtain maximum benefits in the process. Our lawyers have the expertise and skills to help obtain your rightful dues. Call the Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Coalition in Winston, GA today at 470-518-5026 to handle your workers’ comp claim and get the maximum compensation you rightly deserve.